BREAST LIFT ORANGE COUNTY
Medically referred to as a mastopexy, a breast lift is a surgical procedure performed to correct the condition of ptosis. Ptosis refers to the loss of elasticity in breast tissue, which causes breasts to sag substantially enough to alter the location of the areola and nipple relative to the breast crease. A multitude of factors can amplify the symptoms of ptosis, including:
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
- Breast feeding
- The natural aging process
Breast lift procedures improve the problematic aesthetic issues caused by ptosis by raising and firming the breasts, removing surplus skin, and tightening the breast tissue, creating a more supportive structure to support the newly enhanced shape of the breast. In addition to treating ptosis symptoms, breast lifts are also utilized to address breast-related issues such as: downward pointing nipples, asymmetrical breasts, stretched skin, and enlarged areolas.
It is important to note that a breast lift surgery will not increase the fullness or overall size/volume of the breasts. If, in addition to lifting and raising your breasts, you would like to increase your breast size, a breast augmentation performed in conjunction with a breast lift may be your best option. At our plastic surgery practice, Dr. Farbod Esmailian, M.D., is a double board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced and performs some of the best breast lifts Orange County has to offer. Dr. Esmailian will also enable you to safely and successfully fulfill all of your breast surgery goals.
BREAST LIFT PROCEDURAL OPTIONS
There are a variety of surgical methods that can be employed during your breast lift surgery, and after evaluating the level of your ptosis, Dr. Esmailian will choose the optimal surgical technique to bring your aesthetic goals to fruition. Breast lift procedural options include:
- Crescent lift: “Nipple lift”—a straightforward breast lift technique used to resolve slight cases of ptosis. In this surgery, Dr. Esmailian will remove a crescent-shaped piece of tissue above your areola and will raise your nipple to a more elevated position.
- Benelli Breast Lift: “Donut mastopexy”—corrects mild to moderate ptosis with minimally invasive techniques. In this surgery Dr. Esmailian will excise a donut-shaped piece of tissue from around the areola, and will then re-attach the residual tissue to the areola.
- Vertical Mastopexy Breast Lift: “Lollipop breast lift”—appropriate for cases of moderate ptosis. During this procedure, Dr. Esmailian will utilize a similar technique to the Benelli lift, but will also make a straight incision from beneath the areola to the breast crease.
- Full Mastopexy Breast Lift: “Anchor lift” or “Inverted-T lift”—used to correct severe cases of ptosis. Dr. Esmailian will make an anchor-shaped incision from the base of the areola to the bottom of the breast, and will then excise a crescent-shaped piece of skin from where the breast meets the rib cage. He will then re-position your nipple to an aesthetically desirable position.
RECOVERY AFTER A BREAST LIFT
After your breast lift surgery, Orange County physician Dr. Esmailian will place bandages or dressings over your incisions, and, if necessary, will insert a small drain to remove any excess fluid or blood. You will be advised to wear a support bra or elastic bandage to diminish post-operative swelling, and to support to your breasts throughout the healing process. Your initial breast lift results will be visible immediately after surgery, and will continue to progress over the next 2-3 weeks, as any lingering swelling and/or bruising abates. The scarring from your surgical incisions will gradually fade from red to a discreet white line. Most patients are able to slowly return to their normal daily activities, but you should avoid vigorous exercise and heavy lifting for the first few months after your procedure.
Dr. Esmailian is a skillful and compassionate surgeon, who believes strongly in helping his patients make truly informed decisions about their surgery. During your initial consultation Dr. Esmailian will take the time to thoroughly discuss your breast lift surgery, helping you to understand all of your surgical options, and assessing your current health and aesthetic goals. If you would like more information about breast lift surgery, please contact our office in Orange County. We are happy to answer any and all of your questions, and to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Esmailian.